Sunday 23 January 2011

A Fairytale

...and they lived happily ever after. This fairytale reference we tend to associate with a wedding or marriage but there are also a couple of characters that women insert into conversations when discussing dates or a relationship-frog and prince. ‘You have to kiss a few frogs, before you find your prince’ so people say but there are occasions when you just know that it definitely won’t be a happy ever after.
It can start as early as a date, hoping it would go well and it does-until the frog says something that makes you thinks oh no! One relationship (I say that loosely because I really don’t think it was one) in the past I knew was doomed because our opposites just didn’t attract what-so-ever, in fact I don’t think they have ever repelled so far apart!  I was more Britney and Christina; he was Slipknot and System of a down’.
"I knew the first date was over when the only compliment he gushed at me repeatedly was about how his male boss thought he looked like a hot Bollywood actor." (Lena)


"As soon as I SAW him, I knew I weren't interested!" (Christine)


"I spent most of the night talking to my date's friends, as my date creeped me out!" (Emily)
"...he talked about his ex girlfriend a lot. Put me right off." (Grace)
"...He was in the army. He thought a great way to spend our date was to talk about all the people he has beaten the crap out of THEN he boasted about being on 'sick leave' for months when he didn’t need to be THEN he ended the date opening up his Mickey mouse umbrella for me to walk and said 'I’ll call you' and called me two years later....true story." (Hannah)

I think it helps to come across of few ribbits on your path it makes meeting your prince that slightly bit more interesting! Of course in this day and age the Prince can sometimes revert to being a frog and in fact turn into a toad! On the flip side there are Princes out there and can and will make you feel like a Princess. Fairytales have a lot to answer for...

No comments:

Post a Comment