Monday 24 January 2011

It's all bow-tiful

Bow is handmade and designed by the stylist in you in mind.

Bow is a bespoke service that creates stylish and unique accessories from earrings to bracelets. It already has created a stir in the fashion world appearing on celebrities and featuring in popular magazines.

Check out her work on Etsy, I sported a pair of baby pink earrings on my hen night :)







I was fortunate enough to catch up with the creative hands behind Bow Davy. If she's not busy designing and creating bows, you can find her strutting her stuff at Pineapple dance studios. She is a brilliant talent who, on top of Bow, is also launching her own Zumba class in the near future-like how I link back to a previous post?!
What made you decide to create a bow business?  BOW! was born because I needed a creative outlet. I was job hunting, which is nobody's favourite task to do, and needed to do something different and creative.

I started to mess around with fabric and bits and bobs that I have collected over the years. I'm one of those people who buys a pack of pretty beads, saves buttons, you know...just in case.
And then BOW! was born. I started to make them for myself and then friends and family and then everyone!

What items do you make?  I make anything and everything that is BOW! related. I mainly work on a BOW!-spoke service so people have the freedom to create their own piece according to their style. I like to encourage creativity and encourage people to be trend setters and not followers. My pieces include, BOW! ties, necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelets, cuff links, cushions etc!

Who is the most famous person to wear your creations?  Can I have 3? DJ Nikki Beatnik (Kelis' DJ), Labrinth (he's going to be huge this year!) and Samuel Hextall (Paris Hilton's British BBF).

Which is your favourite pattern?  Favourite pattern? It depends on the outfit and occasion.

What advice do you have for someone who wanted to start their own online business?  Go for it! If you don't try it you won't know. Be open minded.

What's next for bow?  Who knows....? More colla-BOW!-rations, new fabrics, new styles...watch this space.





No comments:

Post a Comment